Zerns Sickest

General discussion on DOFANTASY.COM comics
Sade

Zerns Sickest

Post by Sade »

I love the intense imagery in these ultracore comics. Absolutely beautiful sexual violence. I also love the snuff film theme which runs throughout the series.
Sandow

Re: Zerns Sickest

Post by Sandow »

I appreciated the artwork that went much further than anything I'd seen before, but sometimes the stories just seemed to go on for too long. The positions and devices were inventive, but I'd like to see what he's working on now. "Sickest" came out awhile back, right?
hooksforhands

Post by hooksforhands »

I've heard that blood is frowned upon by the credit card processors, but it seems like you could cut way back or even eliminate blood from the comics (perhaps have a story about a strangler) and still manage to please us weirdos who like a little death with their sex. Although the t@rture in the Sickest series was often a little over-the-top for me, I loved the fact that there was snuff in them. You just don't find that anymore unless the artist is doing it for free.
ernestgreene

Post by ernestgreene »

Too bad that Zerns, who draws very hot chicks, can't turn down the volume knob on the violence. I can never make it past the first few pages of his stuff.

If I want to see murder and mutilation, I'll watch the evening news.

Lethal violence against hot babes is just plain wasteful.
kurtwill

Post by kurtwill »

I like Zerns also, but I agree that I would like to see him turn down the snuff and gore knob a little. He can do some great artwork and I especially like his dialogues, but when he starts his long protracted gorey dismemberings and dismantlings it can get to be a little much.