Slasher

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
darkfist

Re: Slasher

Post by darkfist »

fernandofan wrote:Yeah, the ending of the first Breeders was pretty epic. Slasher has always pushed the envelope when it comes to depravity. I must say that I found the second Breeders to be a bit tame and less in the spirit that the first one set. Maybe he could have a "mass birthing" in the third one. Well, whatever he puts out, it's always a fun ride.
That's exactly how I felt. Just when I thought he'd take it up a notch on the sequel, we kinda took a step... sideways? I hope now that we've introduced new characters we'll get to see some good action on the 3rd. Roscoe and his bitch(es?), the escapees getting what's coming to 'em, etc.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Just to clearify little things.
The new Breeders isn't a continuing part of the first one. It's a brand new story, hence the title "new blood". The story became too huge to fit into 40 pages, so I have to do it in two parts. I guess I was trying too hard to fill everyones needs. That's why I got the black girl in it and both girl from the first one, cause that's what you guys asked for. The second part of "Breeders the new blood" will have a great ending (I Hope) and it'll be the conclution. This is why I don't do that much sequels, cause they'll never top the first one.
darkfist

Post by darkfist »

Slasher wrote:Just to clearify little things.
The new Breeders isn't a continuing part of the first one. It's a brand new story, hence the title "new blood". The story became too huge to fit into 40 pages, so I have to do it in two parts. I guess I was trying too hard to fill everyones needs. That's why I got the black girl in it and both girl from the first one, cause that's what you guys asked for. The second part of "Breeders the new blood" will have a great ending (I Hope) and it'll be the conclution. This is why I don't do that much sequels, cause they'll never top the first one.
Thanks for the reply Slasher. I don't think you should let a little constructive feedback get to you man, I for one am still a fan and will continue to support your work. If anything you should be flattered some of us voiced our opinions, that means we really liked the original story and were hoping to see some character progression. I'm pretty sure I speak for other readers when saying I appreciate the variety of the female characters you depicted, different hairdos, etc. As far as sequels go I completely disagree that they never seem to top the original. Once you introduce the characters and give origins and back stories I look forward to seeing more of those characters in later issues. I would have loved to see more of Roscoe and his pet girl for example, did the other girl get pregnant again? if so, maybe she could help the brothers torment the new girls to keep attention off herself. There's plenty of scenarios I'd love to have seen before we put those characters aside in favor of new ones.

Some of my all-time favorites Dofantasy comics have been sequels. Dark Vengeance 2 by Fernando, Prison Horror 3 by Predondo, all continuations of previous stories. I'm not saying you should make 4-6 issues of the same story line if that's not your style but all I'm saying is sequel featuring established characters don't necessarily have to be a bad thing.
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

Constructive feedback is great, it have never got me down, it rather spurs me to do better and it's very flattering:). What I'm trying to say is that the story isn't over. I'm just a little dissapointed at myself that I couldn't fit the story into a one comic. I was aming too high and I shoot myself in the foot:) I really hope you guys all get what you wish for in the second part. I myself is not very keen on sequels, I reather move on to other things. I've got so many stories in my head that I need to get down on paper. And for what you love to see more of in Breeders... All I can say is YES, YES and SORT OF:)
Naj

Post by Naj »

Slasher wrote:This is why I don't do that much sequels, cause they'll never top the first one.
While oftentimes a rule of thumb, there exist many exceptions proving that this isn't always the case (CoughDarkKnightCough coughalsototallynotanerdcough).
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

Well Slasher I would like to thank you for taking our requests into account. Really appreciate it. And your work has clearly improved from when you first started
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

So any status on the next breeder's comic?
Slasher

Post by Slasher »

I'm just setting up to begin working on that:)
ponygirlrider3

Post by ponygirlrider3 »

Okay thanks, can't wait to seem more breeding. I'd also like to see Roscoe's girls accept their lives as dogs
snow402

Post by snow402 »

Hello Slasher, I am very excited for the next breeder part. Do you have an approximate date of release? Keep up the good work :)