Collaboration

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
fernandofan

Re: Collaboration

Post by fernandofan »

Sarenaph---do you illustrate comics or just write the stories or both? So, you've gotten some of your stories illustrated AND published? Also, you have commissioned artists to illustrate your stories on a purely private basis, like for your own personal collection and enjoyment? Which artists' styles are you most into (eg. Roberts, Templeton, Fernando, etc)? I am intrigued.
Sarenaph

Post by Sarenaph »

I write prose and script format for comics. My inability to draw a straight line has forever condemned my creative output to written form and artistic direction rather than actual illustration.

I have written material initially for my own enjoyment but as it has proven of interest to some I have collaborated with several artists to bring them more fully to life.

My personal favourite Dofantasy artists are Fernando, Templeton and Predondo. I am also a fan of Erenisch, Kane and EuInocencius.

My personal themes are Male domination and the mental breaking and sexual commodification of women- especially through metal bondage and body modification. The symbols of that process are also themes I enjoy such as nipple piercing, change of body language and expression etc. So really any artist that touches on those areas is of interest to me.
Particular DoFantasy stories that have me rereading them over and over are Fernando's Total Control as a high point, but also EuInocencius' Slavegirls of Rome, Templeton's Orc tales, Goliatt's Zira, Kane's Gladiatrix and Predondo's Harem Horror.

Hope that answers your question.
robinja

Post by robinja »

Sarenaph wrote:There are a lot of options, but having a company like Dofantasy involved takes a degree of risk out of the venture for you (but I'd imagine at the price of a little creative autonomy).
For sure, it's a completely different proposition working with Dofantasy rather than commissioning something privately. To be honest there isn't really any problem with creative autonomy. I've had a very positive experience in that regard and I'm grateful to have been involved in the process as the comics are produced and for having the opportunity to comment on work in progress etc. The thing I had in mind was that I also have some ideas for non-BDSM stories and was toying with the idea of whether to just write them as prose or look into the option of collaboration with an artist.
Sarenaph wrote:I enjoyed the plot and dialogue of Bad Lieutenant.

Good luck !
Thanks! :)
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

Sarenaph, you have probably already seen the following comics, but there are some highlights from Gary Roberts' comics that might interest you:

In Yakuza Slavegirls the well-endowed blonde gets strapped to a board, then pins are pushed into her nipples---not just through, but all the way into the breast itself through the nipple. Then when she passes out, her tormentor tips her head underwater by flipping the board up.

In Cheerleaders in Chains yet another ample blonde is strung up, bound to the ceiling separately by her hands and feet, then her captor takes a hand torch and heats up a large metal pin and pierces her nipples, installing metal rings in said nipples. He then treats her to the same treatment---this time with a much smaller ring through the clit. Needless to say, the lass was not pleased in the least with the modifications.

Isolated instances of piercing in Gary Roberts' comics, but really great stuff nonetheless. :D
ROBERTS

Post by ROBERTS »

I'm happy you enjoyed those scenes...I so rarely get specific feedback on things I include in my comics, it's difficult to judge what's being enjoyed and what's ignored..I quite frankly have to rely on sales figures alone to judge a comic's popularity and if I've hit some favor with the audience..this forum was intended to be the feedback channel for just that purpose, but it's just not done well and very few members even know it exists! So I'm really drawing in the dark, and just kind of selfishly using my own wood factor to gauge the scenes' erotic-violent appeal..most of what you see is what the dark Master R enjoys thinking of doing to his sleek sexy slave (which worries her at times)..
The erotic tension of such worries does add much spice to our Dom-sub life..I love to see her think about such things as she is being bound and stripped for a long afternoon of playtime...she never knows what is coming..
Well, she wanted to be the brunette girl in the comic book...careful what you girls wish for!
fernandofan

Post by fernandofan »

:234