Ferres; bonkers, updates and stuff

Comments and requests to DOFANTASY.COM artists and art staff. Send your ideas, fantasies, stories, whatever you want to see in a coming DOFANTASY.COM comic.
Naj

Re: Ferres; bonkers, updates and stuff

Post by Naj »

Congrats. :22
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

fernandofan wrote:I have to admit that I have seen your stuff around and found it intriguing, but it is a bit too "gothic" for my tastes. However, I appreciate the artistry and I did just read your bio on your site and I find your methods most fascinating. Just wanted to give you some encouragement to keep up the good work! :22
Thanks! :44
Probably because my own life is a bit gothic. It would frankly fit nicely in a Thomas Hardy novel.
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

Naj wrote:Congrats. :22
Thanks! :44
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

ROBERTS wrote:Happy for you Ferres! Nice cover! I knew you'd do something nice...bravo!
LoLord....how do you get on the cover of an international magazine? Hmmmm....create a fabulous beautiful image the Publisher LIKES.
See, Covers sell Magazines...the cover must make the bold statement, "look, really GREAT shit in here!" "More of THIS inside!" Most important..."BUY THIS MAG!" The cover promises and teases..and MUST be great.
It also is required that you be an artist of reputation and large following with a fan base, it gives the Publisher confidence that many people will look at this just because Ferres, or Roberts, or Fernando, delivers what they all know will be great erotic artwork. The people must know your brand, so must the Publisher..
Thanks! :22
Back on the hard stuff too with Proto. The occasional break from the subject allows for a different perspective leading to improvements in the long run.
Judas

Post by Judas »

Nice cover, does this mean you're making a more traditional BDSM comic or are you sticking to your fantasy style?
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

Judas wrote:Nice cover, does this mean you're making a more traditional BDSM comic or are you sticking to your fantasy style?
I don't really get what 'traditional' means. Can you guys elaborate.
Judas

Post by Judas »

Hey I'm not wishing your style was any different. I love your fantasy themed work, the effort and craftsmanship that goes into everyone of your panels blows me away.

But I suppose a traditional BDSM comic would involve modern day dungeon scenes and less of the supernatural. Something about your cover made me think it was more contemporary and maybe connected to a new protect, probably a mistake on my part.
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

It was a modern day theme. Something I can do with single pin-ups. Maybe I can extend the theme in a series.
Judas

Post by Judas »

I think people would go mad for it if you did. I'd buy it straight away.
Ferres

Post by Ferres »

Xan troubles.